Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Footboard Pot Rack!

I have a little kitchen update for you today...
I am loving the transformation this kitchen is going through.
It all began with here with a lot of white paint.
As you should know by now, I love anything old!!
If it has chippy paint, I am going to love it, that's just how it is around here!


Since we were not going to change out the big big ugly light box in the kitchen, a thought came to mind on how to change it so I'd like it..haha!
A pot rack came to mind..first goal was to find a iron gate, which I ended up finding some really beautiful turquoise one....sigh...but they were so out of my price range! 
However, this headboard and footboard was a score at $10 and it was the perfect size I had been looking for...


At this point turning your head and thinking this woman has lost it..haha. A footboard in the kitchen? Well, why not? It's sturdy, it's full of character...and I like the unexpected!!


A really good cleaning took of most of the chippy paint, which was sad, but it needed to also be safe. I then added a sealer to protect the rest of the paint.
 Hubby, after 16 yrs, has seen some crazy things happen around here..but he did kinda shake his head on this one. He sweetly put it up for me anyway!! 
He is a keeper for sure!! 
Love you my Love!!


 He used eye hooks and chains to hang it. As for now, I hung some of my favorite treasures. 
A big bundle of lavender needs to happen soon.



Enjoy today...
Think outside the normal, everyday items. 
Crazy fun things are bound to happen that will add a smile to your face!!

Love,
Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment