Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Creating a getaway close to home...part 1 of 4

Do you have a favorite little getaway?
We do, it's our own little slice of country living close to home!!
Today, I want to share our journey through the last few years of creating this sweet place...it's been a wonderful adventure and I'm sure there will be a lot more to come!!
a lot has happened, so join me in the next few days as we look back.



..it all started with a little 12X20 storage building and a lot of land that needed clearing!!


We added electricity, and the fun began.


New windows and insulation were added first.


The ceiling was filled with panels that contained favorite sayings, and scripture!



Walls were painted a light gray and hubby added my favorite trim...I'm in love!!



We kept the grease filled plywood floors, primed them and painted black and white checked floor.



Then the sleeping areas were built to save as much space as possible. Remember 12x20 space is to fit our family of 6!! That meant a sleeping area and a kitchen/dining area all in one room. YIKES!!


The kids all fit in the loft space while our bed sits below.



There was so much to stain..which part of me wanted to drench the entire space in white, but reality is this place has lots of dirt and it's not a place where I want to spend my time cleaning all day. 
Stain was a win win!! 




It sure has been a fun adventure...there is a lot more to come! 
Enjoy today...dream of creating your little getaway. 

Love,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment