Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Creating a getaway close to home...part 2 of 4

Today it's time to share the fun things that went inside of this sweet getaway...

If you missed Part 1 of this 4 part series, you can find it Here!

The kitchen is the heart of every home. I decided to get an old dresser and recreate it to become our kitchen. With a metal bucket as a sink!! You can find out more the making of this piece here!


It did give us a good amount of storage, but not enough.
 I decided to give up a bookshelf we already had and gave it the same finish as the dresser above. I loved the Shakespeare book pages so much that I also added them to the back of the shelves.


An old table base found months before got a new top and was also painted. I wanted it inside, but soon found out that having 6 sit at this table wasn't going to happen...so it sits sweetly outside on the porch.


I found the perfect table at a friends garage sale. It's leaves tuck in to become a square table, so if extra room is needed they can quickly be tucked in. I refinished the top, and couldn't get myself to paint it. It needed to stay the way it came.


Mismatched chairs were united in the same creamy shade of white.


An old door from our previous house called to be in my favorite shade and became our headboard.



It's a small space that fills all our needs, well almost, we are on the process of an outdoor bathroom. We are roughing it old school style!! Goal is to finish it this summer.



I need to take some new pics next time we go...the lighting on these pictures makes it hard to see. Like the old window hubby brought me years ago the hangs above the sink. Most of the thing here have been things I hoarded over the last months as we were starting this place!! I'm sure hubby is happy to have room in spaces once filled with all these treasures of mine.



The kids loft is a favorite for our kiddos...





We enjoy our time in this sweet cabin. 
We grill a lot, and if needed can cook inside on a portable electric stove. Everytime we go, it takes us back to the core roots of our family, where phones don't work so well.
When family time is what family time should always be. 
It's the simple life.
 I could live like that...I think!!! :)

Thanks so stopping in...

Love,
Naomi
  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this, Naomi! I want a sweet get-a-way cabin...and I want you to decorate it ;) ~ Leah Koper

    ReplyDelete