Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Creating a getaway close to home...part 4 of 4

Hey y'all!!
How are you today? Hope you have been inspired to start your own little getaway..it may be that it's in your backyard...or maybe a part of your home that is a place you can relax and getaway from the everyday. A place to let go of your worries..a place to renew!

Thank you for joining me on this last post...well last for a little while that is!! I'm sure there will be a lot more to come with this sweet place.
Part 12 and 3

Whoohoo...it was a time for major celebration...I can whooohooo, right?!! YES!! 
Hauling water, water...and more water is all good, but the day came where it was time to give that up and drill for water! I know...your thinking, what? A post on water? Oh, but water is everything when you have no water...hahaha



Hauling water, heating it, well it can get old. 
It was an emotional time for me, would there be water? And when the day came to drop the pump, we were all wondering how good this well would be. A good friend of ours drilled the well and he was an encouragement throughout the process.



..the first sight of water was exciting! It didn't take long for us to see that it was really good...good enough to be able to build someday if we wanted!!! Remember my dream of a sweet white farmhouse? I know...exciting right?! The possibilities are there!!! 
In my dreams anyway..hahaha


Hubby went straight to work on our second building to cover the well.


He always teaches the boys along the way...I love that!!




First thing...  
Homemade showers were created for longer weekend stays...it was fun! Clotheslines were hung, sheets were added for privacy and a hose stuck in a watering can became our shower..a really really cold shower!! 




I may have enjoyed this the most!!! I mean really, have you ever showered this way?
Try it...it will remind you of how spoiled we have become.

It's a pretty little well house, isn't it?!


Hubby added a tankless water heater under my little kitchen sink. There is so much joy in the ability to have hot running water!!
The outdoor bath plumbing has been started and we can now enjoy hot showers too...who doesn't like a hot shower while gazing up at the stars!! Dreamy for me...

Well this is where I leave you to dream...what will this outdoor bath be like? 
How would you create it? 
I dream of a claw foot tub sitting under the stars...will it happen?  :)
You never know around here. 

I hope you enjoyed looking back with me!
 Do you have a little getaway? I'd love to hear about it..

Love, 
Naomi


No comments:

Post a Comment