Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

How I Refinished My Sewing Table!


Today I want to share with you a step by step one of my latest pieces. 
I bought this sweet sewing machine and it's orangey stain was screaming to be changed...
I debated on a light yellow, or creamy white, and
in the end white won my heart again! It's an addiction I tell you!!


Before and After!


I cleaned it really well with a deglosser and taped off areas and spray painted away. 




Then recovered the stool in a fabric I already had as well.
Now it could have been ready for wax at this point, but you know me...
I'm a distressing junkie!!


I discovered a razor blade is a fast fun way of taking paint off..
WARNING...be careful please!! Go slow, you can cut ridges in your furniture or worse yet cut yourself. SLOW!


My paint was dry to the touch when I began to scrape the paint.
 Just play with your piece till you like the amount taken off. 
Enjoy...no dust from sanding!! 


When you've reached the right amount you want to remove, finish your piece with a coat or two of wax. I usually do two coats on areas with extra use, such as tops.


So goodbye orange..hello to more whites!! Now to stage this little area...


Thanks for stopping in, go paint something...it's not hard at all!
Enjoy your weekend!!!

Love,
Naomi











No comments:

Post a Comment