Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Filling them empty White Dining Walls...


If you follow me on Instagram, you know hubby received another honey do list..
This one involved helping me get materials for this sweet chalkboard!!
I love love love chalkboards..if my walls didn't have a texture, I would have painted this entire wall!
Hubby brought me a 4x8 sheet of Masonite, which I gave 3 coats of chalkboard paint. He trimmed it out  in a few 1x4's which I stained in walnut.



My mama had a chalkboard hanging in our dining room during my childhood years, which she had filled with scripture for us to memorize..I LOVE THAT!


Little one has gotten his share of chalk over the last few days too!
I also made and added some 4th of July bunting to hang throughout the house.



Another favorite in this room are my curtains! 
I hung my vintage chenille bedspreads! 
I love the unexpected, if you haven't noticed..haha.

My final dining wall is tall and I had been dreaming of making these EAT letters for this wall. 

DSC_0003.jpg (403×600)

I fell in love with them the first time I spotted them on Pinterest, along with all of you, I'm sure! 
You can read all about hers HERE
When our recent weather contained a whole lot of wind, and part of our fence needed to be replaced, I knew it would be perfect to recreate them for our space.


I love this space and this drenching in whites phase. 
Some have said I'm crazy to go to whites with 4 little ones, and for me it's actually been easier! 
Love it!!!
 I hope you enjoy your day...thanks for stopping in!

Love,
Naomi 


No comments:

Post a Comment