Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

When The Nester inspires..

If you don't follow The Nester, you are missing out! 
I adore everything about her!!
 Her motto: it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. 
She encourages to embrace the homes we are in. 
She inspires..she loves the imperfect, perhaps my favorite thing!! 
She wrote The Nesting Place, which is a book full of not only inspiration pictures, it's full of great advice to love the home, rental or not.



I ohhhed and awwwed over her clock way before her book came out. 
I'd been dreaming of transforming a clock that was given to us for out first Christmas from hubby's parents. 
It's a treasure, yet didn't fit the look I was going for..so it stayed tucked away in a box. 


I was afraid to change it.
So many times we stop right there. 
Afraid! 
Afraid to hurt the giver..I know it stopped me from this little makeover for years! 
Then I realized, it's still that same sweet gift, but I'll love it all the more. 
I asked hubby, he has learned that little projects like this bring me joy and he didn't mind at all with me painting it. 
Some would say pieces like this are meant to stay..yet, why, if it's hidden in a box for no one to enjoy?


Last week, as I was flipping through her book once again, I remembered our clock tucked away. 
It was time..it was time to not be afraid. 
I knew we would love it. 
So I pulled it out and started. 
There were a few ohhhh, what am I doing? 
Will my mother-in-love be hurt? 
Will she love it?
 Am I destroying our treasure?



I love it, hubby loves it and it's the quirky part my kids giggled over. 
It's full of fun and brings sweet joy!!


It's no longer in a box, tucked away. 
It's being appreciated like it should. 
So many times, it's treasured pieces like this, that make you afraid to change them. 
I'm so glad I did!! 
All back to The Nester motto: it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful!! 



Do you have treasures hidden away? 
I hope this inspires you to reconsider the ones tucked away. The ones you would love even more if you weren't afraid..

Thanks for stopping in,

Naomi 



No comments:

Post a Comment