Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pour a coffee & come on in..it's time for a Fall Tour!


Did you pour that cup? Over at our house, it's a beautiful FALL day!! Perfect for sipping coffee all day. Welcome to our home!! 

Fall, that time where you are so ready for cooler weather. Ready to cuddle in with your favorite throws, and sip a variety of favorite hot beverages...my case just keep filling my coffee and I'm a happy girl!!


Chippy paint goodness on a sweet little bench first welcomes you to our front door. My sister made and sent me that burlap pillow a few years ago and its one of my favorites to pull out for Fall.

This year, our family gathered early for Thanksgiving...yes, we just couldn't wait any longer to spend time together!! 2 entire months early..maybe we should just call it a Fall Gathering instead. Farmer families change dates to make it available for all siblings to be able to spend family time together. My gardens cuttings became our centerpieces, which have now spilled into our home.



Our living area is small and cozy!! 

Our galvanized mirror above the mantel is still one of my favorite pieces! I bought it at trade days in Fredericksburg, TX! It has the perfect amount of rust. I was told it was a lid to a chicken feeder..well that pretty much made me fall even more in love with it. 

Every year I pull out our old Gather banner..it's paper, and I hope it never falls apart! My favorite morning spot is in this chair.  Although I dream of a white slip covered sofa, our leather couches have held up to some pretty crazy living for 10 plus years..they are loved and soft and you sink right in!! It's just not right if they aren't being jumped on at any given time, and at this point they serve us well!



Our Living area is filled with layered rugs, feather pillows and a coffee table that calls to have your feet on it. I like our home to be lived in!! Our space is small, yet our family of 6 can easily cozy up together in this space. I love our gallery wall filled with great memories and favorite pieces.


I've really enjoyed our clock after painting it..an inspired piece by The Nester. It had spent its last years boxed away and its a fun piece now.

In our dinning room, hubby made our giant chalkboard. It currently holds memory verses for our little ones who attend awanas. Sometimes it holds chore charts and fun doodles. I think every home should have one, or 2. This coming from a chalkboard lover!!


The chandelier above the table was a thrifting find. A bit of paint and some pretties, and it sparkles up this space!! 



Our all white kitchen with butcher-block counters has my heart. I'd love a farmhouse stuck in the middle of nowhere any day! Sometimes you dream of having a place that isn't at all what you are in currently, and you just wait. Don't wait!! I'm glad I didn't!! A few gallons of paint, changing counter tops and I turned our brown generic kitchen to the one I'd always dreamt of. Yes right here in this cookie cutter neighborhood.


I believe your home should bring you joy. It should be a place you want to be. It's should be the place that makes you relax, makes you want to put up your feet, or makes you want to jump on couches!! 

More of my favorites are the Eat letters made from an old fence and a collection of silver platters. Both unexpected to have side by side, yet beautiful!! 



Last, welcome to where all the porch sittin' happens. We are lovers of the outdoors, and we created an area where we can lounge the most. As I've told you before, this porch can get pretty loud!! Loud is fun, and may sometimes make neighbors wish we were in that dream place in the middle of nowhere!! We love having family and friend over, and if you use the back gate to enter our home, you know you are loved here!!!



Our bar is a favorite, hubby built it after the first few years of living here. As you know galvanized metal is a favorite around here..trimmed in cedar and topped with the prettiest concrete counter top. I asked for a rustic look and he fulfilled my every wish. 

Hubby is a keeper!! 
I adore him and He make this place home more than anything I could pretty it up with.


Here's to more coffee...and daring to make your home your dream, no matter where its located!! Have a wonderful day!!

XOXO,
Naomi

1 comment:

  1. Your home continues to be one of my favorites, Naomi! You fill me with inspiration with your DIY skills and excellent taste!

    Post more!LOL!

    Michele (4JerseyGirl)

    ReplyDelete