Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

White & Barn Wood Lockers

I'd been on a hunt for a set of sweet lockers for a long time..I've found many, but the prices were always too high for what I was willing to pay. Then one day a dear friend let me know of a set that was on craigslist..
They were perfect..well I could see they could be Perfect!
You like?

They didn't start off this pretty!
They were covered in who knows what.
I prayed that whatever I was scrubbing off of these guys wouldn't kill us.

I do these things to myself...

Saving the torn, broken, unwanted things,
they make me happy!

Can you Imagine for a moment, 
the joy God feels when He can take our broken lives, 
swoop us up and save us?!

All my projects remind me. 
I hope they always will.


I taped off all the tags, handles and gave them 2 coats in a white enamel spray paint.
I love the power of paint!



Every time when I pull tape..I sing! 
It's my favorite part. 

As you can see the sides of these lockers were by no means pretty.
A stack of the greatest salvaged barn wood has been waiting for a project just like this!! 
After pulling a ton of nails, rough sanding them, hubby helped me attach them to the top and sides.
  

White & Barn Wood
I think they were meant to be together! 


They add some much need storage to this family of 6...and I think 
they sure are Pretty!

Love,
Naomi

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they turned out lovely! I love that you attached the barn wood around them! Such a great idea!! ~Ty @ Little Home Reloved

    ReplyDelete