Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

For the LOVE of old Windows!


I LOVE old windows!!
Anything old really...it's the character!  
OH for the love of CHARACTER!!!  
My hubby is a contractor...he is just so good at what he does! He does it all, he is amazingly talented. Oh how I love him!! He knows how much I love old, so occasionally he brings me super fun stuff. He brought me a whole bunch of old windows.
Yes, I have them EVERYWHERE!!  I tend to go overboard on things I love!
Today I wanted to share with you a little green house I made...ALL BY MY SELF!! I think my hubby was a bit proud and maybe a bit relieved too that I didn't need his help. 


Do you LOVE?!!
I do...I really really do! This one sits in my front flowerbed. 
I began with attaching 3 windows together, and the 4th used old door hinges.


Next I added 2 windows to make the roof, and cut a piece of plywood as a bottom.
I decided that I wanted to leave the old finish.
LOVE the mixed finishes!


I went to Lowe's and wanted to buy some legs. They are PRICEY!! I ended up buying fence post tops instead and also bought a gate handle.
It needs some jewels!!
Can anyone hook a girl up with some architectural items to pretty it up??? I think it needs some wrought iron curls! I've had the hardest time finding anything...All in time.


I think it's quite fun!!  
Along comes my sister...OH MY SISTER!!! 
She quickly let me know how cute it would be to have a chandelier hanging inside this sweet little green house! Instantly I knew I wanted one!
...however with my budget can not get one. Can we say pain?!! LOL
So as I dream of one day finding a sweet little chandelier just fit for this space, I also thought that I could do a DIY light instead.


Here is my little chandelier. I painted the inside of a can yellow (I just love yellow, not like anyone will see the inside). I drilled holes, took a hammer to it...again CHARACTER, and added some old beads around the bottom. To hang it, I strung an extra wire on top filled with more left over beads.




Wanting it to not look so new, I rubbed on some white paint, along with a bit of brown to make it look a bit aged.


I really didn't want to have a wire over our walkway, so I got a little push light that fit perfect inside.




LOVE my little green house with it's redneck light!! Hahahaa..Sometimes I wonder what my neighbors think?
Thanks for the inspiration sweet sister!!


Thanks for stopping in...Hope you were inspired to re-purpose, re-create and save something old!
Hope you have a BLESSED day!!

Love, 
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment